View Single Post
Old 04-01-24, 10:59 AM
seypat

Liked 2,672 Times in 1,584 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
e-bikes

It's the best thing.
It so drastically reduces work effort that it saves watts compared to other methods.
It minimises chain, cassette and chain ring wear and costs so little per charge that it offers a significant return on investment.
It is easy and requires less work than any other way of pedling when defined as 'total time spent pushing the pedals'
Pedaling without assist is hard and leaves traces of salty sweat which flake off and cause a mess.
There we have benefits for all the boy racers, retrogrouches, MAMILs, show offs, and compulsive riders.

Some people assume the set up is difficult or expensive to purchase, but it is not.
Other people think explosive combustible batteries don't work better, but they are still asleep.
Many people think it is more time consuming than what they are used to, but it is the opposite because your average speed will soar.

So what's going on?

Shops not wanting to sell e-bikes I understand, but among people interested enough to sign up to a cycling forum, this should be so popular.

Let's talk about it.
I think the reason they're not more popular is because E Bike manufacturers/distributers recommend(but not specify) that you must use a chain that has been immersively waxed. I read that on the web somewhere.

Also, people list a lot of lame excuses for riding one, but actually having a bad leg/legs is never listed as a reason.

Last edited by seypat; 04-01-24 at 11:02 AM.