View Single Post
Old 04-01-24, 01:29 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Liked 1,037 Times in 674 Posts
Nice work Dan. That Root Beer color looks great when it is shined up. The whole bike looks great. @cleverbeefalo I always wanted CCM skates. Same CCM logo from hockey equipement to bicycles. They have a pretty interesting history that didn't (to my surprise) start with hockey equipment. In fact, I had been lied to about what CCM stood for. Someone told me it was for Canadian Custom Made. You might have to get lucky or look over the border if you want to get a CCM bike. We didn't get them in the US.

Canada has some key differences when it comes to bikes than the US. They had Raleighs made in Canada, Peugeots made in Canada and a bunch of brands that we didn't get to see in the US. They also got Paul Brodie bikes, but Brodie's did find their way to the US. What they did not get was Schwinn. Why Schwinn in Chicago didn't sell in Canada, I don't know, but I suspect it might have been something to do with import taxes or something similar. Perhaps it went both ways so CCM's didn't sell in the US.

Last edited by Velo Mule; 04-02-24 at 06:29 AM.
Likes For Velo Mule: