View Single Post
Old 04-01-24, 03:05 PM
botty kayer

Bikes: Yes, probably too many but still have a roving eye...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked 2,846 Times in 543 Posts
London awoke to blue skies and sunshine, so after a prolonged spell of crappy weather, and with rain forecast later i was tripping over myself trying to get out and rolling.

Was nice and quiet as a rolled along the riverside.....

And Easter Monday holiday meant is was even quieter in the square mile, the business district.

Some nice light effects up close to the Gherkin...

..the Lloyd's building also looking clean and shiny but has to settle for the shadows as the bike basks in the sun.

And a new artwork spotted as I head home for lumch...

After lunch and tea it was still dry, so i grabbed the Denti which I've not.ridden in a while and headed out again to make the most of it.

Normally if I see a pack of hounds ready for a chase, I'd be panicked and pedalling furiously in.the other direction, but these ones are harmless....release the hounds!

The other thing that has me pedalling furiously in the other direction is approaching rain, and us Brits are conditioned to always have an eye on the skies..

But sometimes it can't be escaped and rolls in like an ominous alien craft blocking out the sun and you know you're in for a drenching...

...and so my luck ran out and I got a hosing from the heavens, It only lasted a few mins but still that counts another little weather war lost, bah! I pose for a final pic outside the Royal Albert Hall.....

....i.squelch the last few miles home and check the weather forecast for the rest of the week, its sun and showers every day for the rest of the week, so rinse and repeat it is then.

Last edited by botty kayer; 04-01-24 at 03:09 PM.