Old 04-02-24, 03:01 AM
jgwilliams

Bikes: Dolan Tuono 105 Di2, custom built 653 and 531 bikes with frames by Barry Witcomb, Sonder Dial XT mountain bike and a Brompton folding bike.

Liked 142 Times in 101 Posts
Got to say, I'm sold as well. I didn't have a good start with my MTB when I got a flat on the very first ride that wouldn't seal. Learned the hard way that you need to carry a tubeless repair kit. Since then, though, my experience has been very positive. I think that first flat was largely down to the Goodyear tyres fitted by the manufacturer. I've since fitted Maxxis Minions which give the impression of being much more durable, although I've not done enough mileage on them yet to have a fair comparison.

I was a little more hesitant with regard to road bike tyres, but having now done 2,600 miles without a flat (on Vittoria Corsa N.Ext 28mm) I'm pretty impressed. Twice I've arrived home to find I've lost pressure during the ride and once I've had to stop to add a bit more air, so the sealant is clearly working. We don't have goat heads around here, but we do get a lot of flints washing into the roads when it rains, and the rain has been relentless of late.