View Single Post
Old 04-05-24, 04:47 AM
Fentuz

Bikes: Dahon Jetstream p8 (sold), customized Dahon Helios x10, customzed Dahon Smooth Hound x11,customized Dahon Hammerhead 8.0 d7, Planet X Free Ranger (mullet setup 1x11), Planet X Giovanissimi 20 (1x9), Frog 52 (1x9) and Frog 48 1s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 246 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Sentinel1
A supreme quality folder like the verges can climb any hill without ever having to come off the saddle. This is where the smaller wheels rule.
I've never had to once come off the saddle on the X10 And X11. They are supreme climbers. I will sacrifice some aesthetics and top end speed for that any day.
The Verge X range is about comfort, efficiency and impressive speed for a small bike. And ZERO back and shoulder neck pain.
So, last year, a mate and I challenged ourselves; we had to climb that rocky hill near Wotton Under Edge - 19% to 20% with a 90deg corner and on 650B 52mm wide tyres, with 36-46 ratio, I could not crack it nor could my mate who is now 60 and used to race in EU MTB XC series... I finally cracked it with a 32-46T setup.
When racing XC near Marlborough, there was a very steep hill again in the 20% region and the only people who climbed it, grinding were on 29ers with 28/52 setup...

I would love to see you do that on your tern, A supreme quality folder ... are supreme climbers. I would bring the popcorn...
Likes For Fentuz: