View Single Post
Old 04-05-24, 09:10 AM
Sentinel1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Fentuz
So, last year, a mate and I challenged ourselves; we had to climb that rocky hill near Wotton Under Edge - 19% to 20% with a 90deg corner and on 650B 52mm wide tyres, with 36-46 ratio, I could not crack it nor could my mate who is now 60 and used to race in EU MTB XC series... I finally cracked it with a 32-46T setup.
When racing XC near Marlborough, there was a very steep hill again in the 20% region and the only people who climbed it, grinding were on 29ers with 28/52 setup...

I would love to see you do that on your tern, A supreme quality folder ... are supreme climbers. I would bring the popcorn...
So you did that on full sized wheels. And you think I couldn't do that on my X10.? I've got 20lbs to lose. And when I do. I'm going to start filming my rides and uploading footage to my YouTube channel. When I do I will give you the link. Then you just might come to understand why I hold the Verge X bikes in such high esteem. You just might. Many of the hills I float up in London you won't see many even attempt. They will re-route their journey to avoid them. Even if it means having to ride another two miles longer.

Last edited by Sentinel1; 04-05-24 at 09:13 AM.