3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26481 Post(s)
Liked 10,448 Times in 7,248 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Yeah, sure you are.

But if you were keen to learn then you should know that some bikes are optimised for different parameters. Endurance bikes are generally a little more comfortable than aero optimised race bikes. For ordinary amateur riders like myself, this tends to make them actually faster on longer events where fatigue is a key factor, especially on rougher roads. A pro rider might still be faster on an aero race bike, but I’m a 56 year old amateur so I value a little more comfort. My bike is still pretty quick though. It’s all relative.
...I'm pretty much aware of this. Merckx put out two versions of his steel frames, one just branded with his name, the other called "The Century". Sport touring geometry has been around since way back into the days you have already told me you know little about, in a prior post. I can find the exact quote for you if you want...I certainly don't want to risk arousing the ire of tomato coupe again.

Not sure what you point is here ? We seem to be in complete agreement that everything is relative. I'm only keen to learn stuff that is not solely based on opinion and affirmation. That stuff, opinion and affirmation based "fact", not so much.
Likes For 3alarmer: