View Single Post
Old 04-06-24, 04:39 PM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked 1,382 Times in 702 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...do you understand what a "strawman argument" is ? No one has "Dismissed the advancements made in modern bicycles as something the average consumer cannot appreciate." What I have done (I cannot speak for others), is to point out that at least some of the modern tech fans here, are riding on versions of modern bicycles that are more suited to their needs than full race versions. These are people who "appreciate" the full race versions, but have come to the conclusion they hurt their butts on longer rides...or something. I have to be careful not to strawman your strawman.

So they're not sold on the full race versions, in terms of "progress". I'm tired of explaining it, and you'll continue to restate what you believe anyway. The weather is better here today, and it's finally stopped raining. I'll be going out on my own preference shortly. You're on your own for what you want to do.
If riding for you, between getting ready, riding and cleaning up afterwards followed by going back on line posting in just over a hour, no wonder you view the sport and equipment different than most.

Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 04-06-24 at 06:39 PM.
Likes For Atlas Shrugged: