Old 04-09-24, 10:39 AM
3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26481 Post(s)
Liked 10,448 Times in 7,248 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
"To us" is the key. Without that, it's a blanket assertion of what should be important to somebody else.
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...yet there it is, in black and white... "to us". Are we now reduced to arguing about what I might have said, rather than what I did say ? Well of course we are. We've been doing that ever since I made the fatal mistake of respinding to Koyote 's sincere request for an explanation.

Honestly, the current general forum would collapse flat on the floor without the copious amounts of straw that appear in these threads.
Originally Posted by Koyote
And yet, within a few posts you declared that certain bikes are not worth the cost -- which is to judge other people's choices:

...sure. Why is it unfair to say (as some already have here, including me), that the ROI on these bicycles is not worth the fund's buy in fees to us ?
So once more, dear friends:

​​​​​​​A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man"

​​​​​​​The reason this digression has gone on so long is mainly your constantly changing (and often self-contradictory) arguments. This is just the latest example.

...OK.