View Single Post
Old 04-09-24, 08:16 PM
Piff 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 802 Post(s)
Liked 760 Times in 413 Posts
Originally Posted by icemilkcoffee
Very nice. Does it really need an oxalic bath? I am not even seeing any rust.
Some of the drain holes (or are they holes for brazing for the gas to escape?) have slight evidence of rust, but everything looks really minor. I haven't pulled the seatpost yet or the stem or bottom bracket, but I do have high hopes to see a clean frame. If it does become a keeper, though, I will do an oxalic bath because of the slight rust and for my own edification; never done it before.

Originally Posted by non-fixie
There are different levels of dorkiness?
I'm pretty far gone by my own measuring. Dorkiness levels ascending:

Using a dork disc because it came on a bike >>> Buying a dork disc to put on a race bike >>> Finding it curious that a disc is aluminum >>> Being excited that a disc is aluminum and thinking of ways to fit it onto a freehub.

Originally Posted by bikemig
Good looking bike. Bikes that came stock with 27 inch wheels and center pull brakes with reasonable reach tend to have good clearance for tires and fenders. I have a 70s era Raleigh Gran Sport and Motobecane Grand Record; both can take tires with reasonable volume and fenders but neither has vertical drop outs.
I definitely have been looking closely at both of those models!! Haven't found one in the right size, condition, and location. Plus, I really wanted to have double fender/rack eyelets at the dropouts.

Last edited by Piff; 04-09-24 at 08:19 PM.
Likes For Piff: