View Single Post
Old 04-10-24, 07:55 AM
EVlove

Bikes: 1980 Dawes Super Galaxy + 1981 Lotus Classique + 1986 Bianchi Sport SX + 2005 Van Dessel Project WR + 2021 Zizzo Liberté

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 489 Times in 223 Posts
Originally Posted by bike_tom
At some point I started seeing what, at first glance, appeared to be evenly spaced white rocks along the shoulder. I quickly realized they weren't rocks, they were chunks of snow left over from, I assume, plowing the MM after last week's late season snow. We didn't get enough snow in Arlington for that, but they did further west. In this example they have a rather totem like appearance:

I noticed the same evenly spaced lumps of snow somewhere out here in and around Chelmsford, although I can't remember now where that was. Not along the BFRT, as it doesn't get plowed.

I haven't been riding much lately, and not posting here at all for some time, but I did get some short rides in, mainly to reacquaint myself with the Van Dessel in fixed gear configuration, in preparation for the new season at Northeast Velodrome. Which, I mention in passing, will run May through August, and newbies of all ages and experience levels are always welcome.

We spent Eclipse Day on I-93 and I-89 with tens of thousands of our fellow Metro Bostonians, but it was all worth it for the spectacular celestial show. At St. Johnsbury, VT for us, and we were very impressed with the level of preparation and organization that this small town had put into it.

In bike-related news, we parked near this not very encouraging sight:

But I understand this is to direct bikers to the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail terminus, near that massive white road salt shelter in the background. Something to be explored another time, perhaps.

Yesterday afternoon, I finally got my first ride of the month in. I decided to get a few dinner necessities at Donelan's supermarket in Acton, just so I could toss the bike in the trunk and go up and down the BFRT a little bit, too. As far as Route 225, or only about 7 miles out and back. A short ride, in shorts, and short sleeves, for which it is also finally the season again. No pictures but I can report that a porta-potty has reappeared at the trail kiosk behind Donelan's, opposite from where it used to be in previous years.
Likes For EVlove: