View Single Post
Old 04-10-24, 03:01 PM
Alexthe

Bikes: 1] Motobecane Grand Jubilee 1978 2). 1980's Gios Turino Super Record .

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabuki12
If I were in a major (busy) city environment , I would consider a more upright handlebar solution and thumb shifters . Being down in the drops is a bit less maneuverable in heavy traffic areas. I am in heavy traffic areas infrequently , but when I am , I ride on the top of the bar in a more upright position. It is easier too see what is going on around me.
Yes I thank you're right and I appreciate the comment. I like to go down in the drops sometimes in the city, but it's a little tiresome to be there all the time and my bike frame is a little big for me to be ideal so I always come up and ride the top and have to put one hand on the brakes in the drops. I had a brilliant old French bike (1960) which was sadly lost due to a irresponsible friend. That had dual breaking one in the drops and the other on top like the Guidonnet . This bike was so well engineered it was a treasure.
I will post pictures of the messy set up I have at the moment and some old brakes bought from Italy eBay . it's possible if the position of my brakes were changed I might be all right like in the picture above with the yellow bar tape. I also have budgetary considerations.
Likes For Alexthe: