View Single Post
Old 04-11-24, 07:46 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4506 Post(s)
Liked 4,194 Times in 2,808 Posts
I dislike Trek for many reasons none of which have anything to do with L.A. or other team members. That is a silly reason to hate a company because someone who used their product did something semi-wrong. I say semi-wrong because most of the peloton at that point was involved with it so it was wrong but in that context it wasn't really frowned upon. L.A. might have been a jerk about it but that wasn't Trek that did the doping or the lying and even still that was a while ago.

If you are going to take strong moral stances then I would hope you are also boycotting other companies who actually themselves do serious wrong worth boycotting over. Trek may have their issues but boycotting based on some guy a while back that is old news and so snooze worthy these days is just beyond silly.

If you were saying I don't want to buy a Trek because they buy out and destroy local shops or their bikes are overpriced for what you get in some models or their quality has declined since they moved production out of the U.S. or you dislike the police bike thing (which is not unique to Trek) or maybe you don't like that the 520 swapped a lovely steel fork to a aluminum fork or maybe you are mad they got rid of the carbon belt carbon frame single speed/fixed gear bike or maybe it is their logo is so huge and they have increased tube sizes to accommodate a larger logo or something similarly kinda silly along those lines.

In terms of L.A. love him, hate him but in the end he is got a lot of people talking about cycling and got them interested and talking about him years and years later. If you truly dislike him, why still talk about him? He is not really relevant anymore but people like you and others keep him alive in that sense (obviously he is alive but people still talk about his old career)
Likes For veganbikes: