Old 04-12-24, 09:49 AM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10300 Post(s)
Liked 5,264 Times in 2,252 Posts
Originally Posted by procrit
Where you do you live/ride? Dallas used to have a couple of pretty good crit series', but it looks like that may have stopped recently. There's a road race in Crockett, in between Dallas and Houston, on May 4 & 5. Might be worth the drive if you can swing it. I'd also suggest the "The South Ride a.k.a. Ray Hubbard Loop" on the weekends while in town if you want to do a race simulation / fast group ride. Search for the facebook page, it's not letting me link it. Bring a mountain bike too, there's a lot of good trail systems in the area.

I live in Va, driving down to Dallas on the 6th for training and will be there for a month. Will look that group up thanks. I found two local crits, one on Tuesdays and one on Thursdays. I may be able to swing the Tuesday, looking at my schedule I’ll still be in the “box” thursday nights.

5x5 didn’t happened today. Really need to learn to listen to my body. Legs still felt sore from Wed, but me being me, said go for it. I have limited time home so, I try to cram all my workouts and rides in those 3-4 days that I am home.

Anyways, it was super windy this morning, first set was into the wind. The new power numbers, and how I was feeling I knew I would only be able to hold on to the bottom of the zone. In this case 286. I was doing okay the first 3 mins, however the wind was gusting bad and causing me to surge which I knew I wouldn’t be able to maintain for 5 sets. After about 4 mins I threw in the towel. Did AR for the rest of the ride.

I leave for work Sunday, plan was for 5x5 today, LaJ trifecta tomorrow and 3x20 Sunday. Not sure what I should do now. Leaning towards just sticking with my plan.
Tomorrow 4x 10 40/20, 3x10/50s followed by tempo. This workout takes about 3 hours and If my legs are still not feeling it I can cut something out.
Likes For bampilot06: