Old 04-12-24, 12:49 PM
Jughed

Bikes: Lemond Zurich/Trek ALR/Giant TCX/Sette CX1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked 883 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce19
I actually don't have some vendetta wish towards Lance because of his cheating. He cheated. He got caught. He was held accountable. I do though despise his actions of reprisal toward people like LeMond, the Andreu's, the team masseuse, the reporter who outed him and many others. He went out to destroy them personally and financially. For that he is scum IMO. But, that wasn't the point of my post. TREK ignored his fraud and went after anyone who threatened their bottom line, regardless of the truth. They did what corporate America does to us every day. When a corporation works against my interests, I do not support them. I posted that LeMond video because it was new to me and offered some additional insights about the incident. Not all corporations are the same. Do you remember when Specialized went after the Roubaix bike shop in Montreal? They sued the local mom and pop bike shop for using "their" Roubaix name. Ignoring, of course, the fact that they "stole" the name from the actual Roubaix town and Paris-Roubaix race. When confronted publicly, the Specialized CEO dropped the suit and apologized. I would have no problem buying a Specialized. But, that's just me. I have no prescription for anyone's behavior. You get to do whatever you think is right. Obviously.
The problem is, from a business , from Trek’s standpoint, it was a billion dollar business vs speculative words from people.

There were no positive tests, there was no proof.

It was words from a rider completely disconnected from the situation, offering pure speculation. And from general people that had no proof.

I always ask this question- should Trek and Lance just have up and said - yep, they got me?

Was Lance a dick - sure. But there was no way in hell he, or probably anyone in the sport, would have just simply said - yep the masseuse was right, y’all got me.
Likes For Jughed: