View Single Post
Old 04-13-24, 04:50 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4854 Post(s)
Liked 3,992 Times in 2,591 Posts
I don't have any thread numbers but I have run a number of Miche track hubs. Most have had lockrings that are bigger diameter than the standard ISO - Italian? Same as some Campy. I just don't know. When I bought a SunTour 12 tooth lockring to use with an EAI 12 tooth, I couldn't start it on the threads. Had Ti Cycles drill and re-thread to the Miche standard. And again when I set up another bike fix gear and wanted to do the same.

Later, I learned the hard way that not all Miche track ups use the Italian(?) standard and killed one using one of my existing Miche lockrings.

Ti Cycles can re-thread to the larger lockring thread but - it may be very expensive. The SunTour lockrings are very hard steel and very hard on the lathe so the work is both slow and costly to the shop. They do not have the Miche dies but do have the superior lathe that can cut any threads. The re-threaded rings spin on beautifully. I love 'em but I paid a lot.
Likes For 79pmooney: