tangerineowl

Bikes: Curve Grovel v2 ti

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Piff
Finally! Been waiting for your thread.

Seeing the frame built up makes me realize how tall you are. I am quite envious of those cranks...after looking around a bit for weight weenie stuff they are a great choice.

Do those modolo brakes stop well? If you find yourself in want, I can attest the CLB professional do very nicely while also being lightweight.

On my 753r frame I'm finding that when pushing up short hills I need to swap from my usual 'stomp and grind' style of climbing to a modern style of spin to win, and using a much lower gear for standing and climbing. Otherwise it gets reallllllly spongy in the rear of the bike. Otherwise I really love how flexy the frame is, super comfy ride.

Nice setup, it's not traditional at all but it looks good and, most importantly, I think the build makes sense in terms of fit and gearing.

Have you had a chance to weigh it?
Am 5'9.5", with almost 34" inseam and long femurs. Arms a little on the shorter side.

The brakes stop fine with the Koolstop replacements. Had to bend/toe-in the arms a little; standard? I guess.
Yes, I did read of the CLB back when considering. Just liked the grey/red mix of these Modolo; nice colour against frameset.

Rode it up a long, fairly steep hill yesterday. Seated and standing. I generally sit and mostly spin.
Out of the saddle though, the rear was stiff; bike moved nicely up the hill. Rear feel could be due to the twin-tapered [thicker in the middle] seat stay.

I do tend to weigh all parts when receiving them. Haven't weighed the build, as is, but dropping the rack and that Nitto post would save about 650gm.
Will weigh it, as is, with everything on as in pic, later today.

Edit: Close to 22 lbs flat, as in pic, with everything on. Not too bad with some heavy bits on.

Last edited by tangerineowl; 04-14-24 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Txt