Old 04-14-24, 08:48 AM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1483 Post(s)
Liked 768 Times in 395 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
The cited article Greenville thrives as cycling mecca would lead a reader to assume that the "majority of cyclists" are pros and ex-pros satisfied with the "training" and mountain biking opportunities somewhere outside the city of Greenville and the business establishments that cater to their "culture."
I really don’t know how to say this more clearly. I’ve ridden around Greenville, and am by no mean a pro or ex pro rider. Thousands of recreational riders turn out for the cycling events in the Greenville area. I have multiple friends that come from Florida specifically to ride in the Greenville area.

There appear to be 3 people posting in this thread who have actually ridden in Greenville, the OP, Bald Paul, and myself. 2 out of 3 of us like it.

A major difference between us appears in the OP’s second bolded point: “Nothing is Flat. Nothing.” Thus if you detest hills, Greenville is not for you. But it is also what draws many cyclists to the area.

I understand that if you want a flat commute with protected infrastructure Greenville will not be your cup of tea, That said, I think the OP is being unfair to Greenville and is expressing a minority opinion. At a minimum it is grossly unfair, and readily disproved by simple observation to say there are no recreational cyclists in Greenville.

Heck, show me another area that has a 5 star hotel catering to cyclists.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.

Last edited by merlinextraligh; 04-14-24 at 09:10 AM.