View Single Post
Old 04-14-24, 12:26 PM
spinconn

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 29 Posts
New Trek Verve 2

Well, I had been looking for a used road bike that would be more comfortable than my current bike and decided to look at a hybrid instead.
I did some research and saw the Verve was generally considered the most upright hybrid and very comfortable. I took a test ride and it was a revelation just how comfortable.

So, I did some more looking and was discouraged to find many comments on BF calling the bike cheap and suggesting it was not a good bike. I looked for an "Official Verve Thread" thread and it took a while but when I found it there were very few posts, leading me to believe the negative comments might be correct.

Then I remembered a friend I have who has an old Verve, as does his wife. He was a world class athlete in his youth and never stopped working out. At 70 he still rides 20 to 30 miles a day and even at 70 he averages 18 mph. Their Verve bikes are still in good shape. How bad a bike can it be?

So, I decided to go for it. I bought it 4 days ago, have 60 miles on it, and could not be more pleased. The more I ride it the more I like it. Pretty much everything about it. The location of the brake/shifters are a little too close to my hands, but I have quickly adapted to it. It takes more time to get up to speed with the stock tires but the top speed is not far behind my road bike and, while not as quick and nimble as my road bike, the Verve is hardly lethargic or boring. It is simply a great bike. I have had it off road for a short amount of two track and it manages nicely. Not a MTB but a perfectly fine hybrid. I am not even going to change the tires.

Not sure why there is not more positive chatter about the Verve, but I am very happy with mine.
Likes For spinconn: