View Single Post
Old 04-14-24, 05:15 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7088 Post(s)
Liked 11,207 Times in 4,784 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
The left clamp is what I was asking about in my earlier post. The clamp edge being into the start of the turn of the rails. CF doesn't "flow" at all so the concentrated force at that clamp edge will never dissipate. I asked the OP if this was the case so we could all learn but I suspect the hostile replies drove him off.
​​​​​It's been a couple days now, and the OP could've easily answered your question (as well as mine) -- or simply provided such info in his initial post. The reason he's not been back is not hostility, but rather the likely fact that the whole thing is fabricated. His post describes a failure that I can't even envision with any saddle: "the rails broke and the saddle fell off." Think about it -- he's claiming that both rails broke simultaneously, and each rail would have to have separated from each end (fore and aft) of the saddle -- all at once. Ever heard of that happening? Yeah, me neither.

Oh, and RiceAWay has a history of anti-cf posts; do you really think a person who regularly rants against cf bikes would own a cf saddle?

Again, I'm happy to be proved wrong. All it will take is a photo of this miraculous saddle failure.
Likes For Koyote: