View Single Post
Old 04-15-24, 06:47 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Liked 1,586 Times in 1,228 Posts
Originally Posted by Bilz
Thanks for that Tourist in MSN. I think it's because my panniers slide up and down the rack and the lower hook comes "undone". The hooks at the top that hook onto the rack have suitable adapters to fit onto the rack and fit snuggly, but I think you might be right about the spacing between the hooks themselves. I will try and play with that, because if it they don't slide I think it'll fix the problem.
You are welcome.

I try to mount my panniers so that I have adequate heel clearance for pedaling, but not more than I need. The further back your panniers are, the more that the weight being too far aft can impair handling.

I have three touring bikes, which makes it more complicated for me, since each time I take a tour on a different bike, I am again having to re-adjust my panniers for different heel spacing in back.