Old 04-15-24, 08:36 AM
Pompiere

Bikes: 1984 Miyata 310, 1986 Schwinn Sierra, 2011 Jamis Quest, 1980 Peugeot TH8 Tandem, 1992 Performance Parabola, 1987 Ross Mt. Hood, 1988 Schwinn LeTour, 1988 Trek 400T, 1981 Fuji S12-S LTD, 197? FW Evans

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked 1,047 Times in 537 Posts
When I retired, I told my wife I wanted my retirement present to be a nice garage cabinet system to replace the mish-mash of workbenches, cupboards, and wire shelves that I had accumulated over the years. I got these from Home Depot. I'm still getting it organized (it's been over a year), but I like the wide flat drawers for bike components because I can pull them open and see what's there without digging through a bin. The bottom drawers are deep enough to store handlebars and saddles One drawback for this model is the drawer slides are not full length, so the drawers don't pull all the way out. The upper cabinets came with LED under cabinet lights to illuminate the bench. These pictures are from when I first put them in, so there is a lot more clutter now.

The bike corner. I use the plastic vise a lot to hold alloy parts. It doesn't have the same grip as a steel vise, but it is handy when you need a third hand, plus it doesn't scratch the soft metal.

General work area. The wall above the work bench is now covered with pegboard and I mounted my vise on the corner.