Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6319 Post(s)
Liked 4,908 Times in 3,383 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but a good point on a center punch, used to mark your start point for drilling with an indent, is usually enough to keep the drill bit from wandering around as you start. If you're careful. placed at 90° to the circumference of the screw and a good hammer blow, the screw will unscrew.
EDIT..... My dementia had me thinking this is what you meant so I FIFY. Geeze I need to learn to read better and fully. Or maybe I need Prevagen!

This surprisingly works on very tiny screws. I've done it and seen it done many times. But for tiny screws with the head broken off, you need a very good quality punch with a tiny but sharply squared off edge or point for pushing that screw.

With what you've got there now, I'd be tempted to just drill one of those holes all the way through. The enlarge it a little to the size you need, and rethread it. I presume you're just going to mount another rack.
I don't think there will be enough material left. And the broken bolt will fall out leaving nothing to thread on that side.

Last edited by Iride01; 04-15-24 at 12:31 PM.