Old 04-15-24, 10:22 PM
Rooney 

Bikes: '72 Raleigh Super Course; '90 Cannondale ST1000; '98/99 Cannondale T700; 2002 Cannondale CAAD5 R700; 2022 Cannondale Topstone 2L

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 354 Times in 159 Posts
I love the Lauterwassers! The bike was sort of built around them. Bulgie hit it head-on earlier in the thread, the bars put me in a position very similar to being in the drops with just enough flare to have my wrists at what feels like a natural angle. I've switched from the Jalcos over to a Sanyo dynamo hub laced to a CR18 in the front, and the SRF3 is paired with an Alex rim of some sort. Now that I have two SRF3s, I'll build the second one up using a CR18, and then install that in the rear. Maybe slightly confusing, the second photo in my last post is an older shot. I meant to snap a clearer picture during my ride yesterday, but I got carried away in the riding.

The downtube shifter mod works mostly well, but the click of the shifter going into the low gear isn't quite perfect. Maybe I need a little more cable tension. I have to click into 1, then go a little further past to guarantee the shift, then click back into 1 going towards 2. Shifting between 2 and 3 is flawless. After the ride yesterday and my commute today, the 46/16 combo is definitely higher than I'd like for my direct drive gear. My ankle was complaining during the ride on Sunday and after measuring, I found my saddle was 5mm higher than usual. I lowered it this evening. I'm sure that, coupled with the extra effort to push the additional tooth, contributed to the discomfort.
Likes For Rooney: