LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 247 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11462 Post(s)
Liked 4,845 Times in 2,811 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
Got some miles in this morning. Stayed mostly coastal, so not much climbing. Sat in on the Tuesday morning Fiesta hammer ride for a few laps till it was more than what I wanted (I can't not pull through...), then just did my own thing for a bit. A racing teammate and buddy kept me company up and down the coast for a while after.

I am trying to eat more on the bike, so I had two bottles with mix, a cliff bar, two large chocolate chunk cookies, a nature valley wafer bar, a bobo PB&J bar, and a costco nut bar. Felt pretty good through and through. I did not have a Whopper or ice cream so maybe I could have felt even better? IDK.
Nice ride, and glad you got out.

I must be too acclimated to eat that much. I stopped at 70 miles and bought a couple Gatorades, drank what was remaining in my bottles to make room, and finished off what was left of the Gatorades that didn't fill the bottles. A Fraiche Banana Bread and some Veloforte Chews. It just didn't sit right, and I had the sweats and just not feeling right. It took me thirty miles to get back at it. Just in time for thirty miles of headwind.

Likes For LAJ: