View Single Post
Old 04-16-24, 07:05 PM
Desert Ryder
Henderson, NV

Bikes: Trek Alpha 3700, GT STS DH, Raleigh Grand Prix, Fisher Montare, Fisher CR-7, Fisher Aquila, Diamondback Sorrento, The Bike Beat Revolution, KHS XC 504R

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked 620 Times in 301 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb
Perhaps some day I'll understand why people go to a medical professional, someone with 5-12 years of specialized training, for medical care. Then when they get home, they get online and splash, "Why don't I want to do what the doctor ordered?" all over the internet, rather than ask the doctor, "What are the potential side effects?" or "What alternative treatment(s) is (are) available?" There are plenty of authoritative lists of side effects for every drug available on line, or some very informative (if densely written, in small print) Patient Package Inserts that my pharmacist gives me with every prescription.

Perhaps some day. Or maybe not.
Thanks? You never stated if you were diabetic or took metformin so I'll presume you aren't either.With that thought, I don't understand why people answer posts that don't relate to them.
Posting one thread, on one forum, in an age specific topic, isn't "splashing it on the internet" IMO.
I never said I didn't want to take the med. I know what some of the side effects are already but I was asking for real usage. The most common is stomach/intestinal issues.
I'm on the road a lot so it could be an issue.
My wife had bad side effects with it so that is why she asked about alternative meds. Insurance dictates step therapy so I have to start with metformin.