Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3917 Post(s)
Liked 1,973 Times in 1,408 Posts
Originally Posted by pepperbelly
I’m not doing keto. I am not comfortable eating the amount of fat keto calls for.
I usually just eat a protein bar and a tomato sandwich in the morning- I like tomatoes, a cobb salad for lunch without bacon but with grilled chicken and a boiled egg and a quarter of an avocado. Salad and Go is really good. I eat a light supper, usually some kind of chicken.
I will look into plant based diets but I also like BBQ and steak and will never turn vegan or vegetarian.
I use Sola keto bread to keep carbs down.
Heck I have basically given up beer- Mich Ultra.

I saw a pic of a meal someone was eating for healthy carbs while exercising and losing weight. It looked like baked beans on slices of bread.
That all sounds good. We eat beans, home made whole wheat bread, salads, whole wheat pasta, a little cereal, fish, all sorts of stuff like that. Yes, slow carbs. Just try to work some small amount of slow carbs into your meals, just enough to put some glycogen into your muscles. Lots of vegetables contain carbs. It is said that half your plate should be vegetables, 1/4 carbs, 1/4 protein. That's way too structured for reality, but that's the general idea.