Old 04-18-24, 10:55 AM
monogodo
NFL Owner

Bikes: 7-Eleven Eddy Merckx, Vitus Futural, Catamount FRS, Colnago SL, SS MTB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
I never was able to get back on Mounjaro with my new insurance, because they will ONLY cover it for a full Diabetes diagnosis. Not for pre-diabetes.

But because of my wife's great insurance coverage, and the fact that she couldn't get it for a few months due to the shortage, she ended up with quite a few extra Ozempic pens in the fridge. We talked about it and researched it, and I started on Ozempic 4 weeks ago (tomorrow will actually be my 5th dose).

She's been getting three 8 mg pens every three months. She had been ramping up from 0.25 mg for four weeks, then 0.5 mg for four weeks, etc., and is now at 1.75 mg. She's having some issues at that level, so she's going to drop down to 1.5 mg. She recommended that I see how I do at 0.5 mg. I'm currently losing about 1lb per day on the 0.25 mg dose. If I do well at 0.5 mg, I'll stay on that, which will make that 8 mg pen last 4.5 months, and the next pen will last 4 months. She picked up a 100-count pack of replacement needles for the Ozempic pens, so we're able to use the pen for much longer than the intended 4 weeks.

I did discuss this plan with my doctor, and he's all for it. I just had my bloodwork done, and my A1C was at 5.5. Back in August, just after I stopped taking Mounjaro, it was at 4.8.
Likes For monogodo: