TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2804 Post(s)
Liked 3,406 Times in 1,782 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
My garmin 530 when I have a workout programmed the default screen shows the power zone scale and where I should be based off of 3 sec power, a graph to show where I am at through out the interval and time remaining. I could switch screens but I prefer this layout, just would like to be able to add HR.

As far as cadence, I can tell the difference, I think I was just so focused on maintaining a power number that everytime the power started to deviate to the lower side I would shift, and shift and shift instead of just speeding up my cadence momentarily to maintain power. Eventually I am in the wrong gear, mashing away trying to figure out why I am struggling to maintain a number I know I can and why my HR doesn’t feel high either.
Lol, this sound like you are stuck in erg mode - but in real life!

I'd encourage you to try and be a little less reliant on the computer. You should be able to do these with current power, average power, and time (lap button). You can do some retroactive data analysis to learn things about your execution. For example - learn to spin the gear up to make more power instead of downshifting!
Likes For TMonk: