panzerwagon 
Garage tetris expert

Bikes: A few. Ok, a lot

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked 700 Times in 334 Posts
Originally Posted by tiger1964
In another topic, where I suspect it was not seen, I posted "First time dealing with barcons in so many decades. After the rebuild the SunTour shifters seem to work really well — but the cable routing strikes me as really inelegant, I have a clip holding the cables together below the handlebars, and I still need a zip-tie directly above the housing stop on the downtube to keep the cables from drooping. Moreover, the shift cable housing comes rather close to the front brake’s straddle cable assembly. Is there a fix?" I really do not want to leave the cables like this, interested in input on a better installation, altohuhgt "everything works" right now.
Will echo some others here-- your cables exit the bar tape a bit too early. Always preferred mine exit just above where the bars start to curve up, but not quite as high as the levers. Provides room enough to hold the bars at any position, and no interference with my preferred c'dale bar bags.

Also, those cables look too long for the chosen exit location, so appear extra saggy. Might as well experiment with raising the exit point whilst keeping the same length.