Old 04-19-24, 02:43 PM
Piff 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 802 Post(s)
Liked 760 Times in 413 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
The bolt goes through a hole or slot in the rack to hold the black thing solidly to the rack, that bolt does not touch the threaded part that goes through the hole in the black part.

If you are putting this rack that you bought without hardware on your bike, maybe you should buy the hardware that was supposed to be included with that rack?
That, of course, would be preferable. The rack in question, Specialized Pizza Rack, was a $20 co-op find and lacks its original hardware. I called up Specialized and they don't sell the hardware separately.

I think it'll be possible to make it work using Tubus hardware though. As well as fabricating a custom piece of steel to make sure there a more stable connection between rack and fork rather than only relying on the kind of hardware we've been looking at. I know Nitto uses them to secure racks, but only up to 10kg. I'm hoping to go up to ~15kg, which is what this rack is rated for. I think with all of my 'customizations' the rack would be good for 20kg or more, but I don't plan on pushing it on tour. Probably when commuting groceries.