View Single Post
Old 04-19-24, 02:53 PM
bike_tom

Bikes: 2022 Trek Checkpoint ALR5, 2014 Cannondale Trail SL1, 1983 Fuji Royale II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 599 Times in 244 Posts
I decided to ride over to Charlestown this morning. My route made use of the Minuteman, Alewife Linear Park, and the Somerville Community Path.

It was relatively quiet. Here's the older section of the Somerville Path near the small artsy display garden:

Every time I encounter this steep grade, it amazes me that they actually built the Extension this way:

Across the river from the Boston Garden and North Station:

A nice view of downtown from the Charlestown waterfront:

I continued on the Harborwalk a bit further than I have in the past, following as it curved north to Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital. I was rewarded with this vantage of the Tobin Bridge:

So many things to see: these trucks were from a company that supplies vehicles for movie and television production. I wondered what they were going to film:

Returning on the Community Path I enjoyed the climb and the subsequent downhill side of the roller coaster:

Overall a pleasant 16 miles or so. The Checkpoint was a good companion for this route, though I must admit that riding clipless pedals does induce some angst in the tighter urban situations.

Later in the day my wife and I got booster shots of the revised Covid vaccine that we first got last fall. At this point I've lost track of how many times I've been jabbed. As usual after getting the vaccine, I'm starting to feel a little tired and achy. Its probably all in my head (something has to be...)

Tom
Likes For bike_tom: