Old 04-20-24, 07:32 PM
jevery57

Liked 11 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mtbgrvbiker
Hello, thank you for your comment. Yes, I had seen the Specialized ones, particularly the Diverge Elite E5. It caught my attention, and even though it was cheaper, I dismissed it. But based on your comment, I think it’s a good option. I have also considered the Giant Revolt, but your comment is swaying me towards the Specialized. Regarding your size, how did you solve it? I have the same problem and am between the sizes of two frames, particularly between 52 and 54. I am at the upper and lower limit of both. Which size did you go for? I am very concerned about what you mention, that in the end, you don’t feel comfortable with the size of the bike. What size are you? And what was your choice? Between which limits were you, and which one did you choose?
I’m 6’ 1” tall. I do have long legs/short torso. For the Cannondale that I took back I used the online size calculator which returned a result of Medium size. Once I had the bike and started making adjustments the seat post was raised to the limit and it felt that I was not getting enough knee extension on the down stroke. The frame also felt small compared to my previous road bike. I would likely have been happy with the Cannondale in large, however, the size/color combination was and remains unavailable. The online calculator for Specialized uses height plus shin length and returned a result of 58cm which is significantly larger than their medium sizes of 54/56. The 58cm also comes with the longest crank arms and I’m now getting sufficient knee extension without the seat post raised to the limit. The Specialized lineup does offer significantly more size increments than Cannondale which should help with the “Between sizes” dilemma.