View Single Post
Old 04-21-24, 10:44 AM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 484 Times in 381 Posts
I need +2.0 for distance and +3.5 for reading. I use readers and rather than having 2 different pairs of glasses I just split the difference and I can see both with 2.5. When I drive though I keep a good pair of 2.0 clear and sunglasses in the car and I can see very clearly with these. When I use the sunglasses on the beach I'm always astounded that I see so much better in them. Now, all that said, I recently bought a pair of 2.0 full lens wrap sunglasses for cycling because I didn't like riding with my regular sunglasses. They were inexpensive. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TTFF1T7...roduct_details I did two rides with them so far and they work pretty well. The wrap sides are NOT prescription, only the main part of the lens. I can see distance clearly, I can see my Wahoo Bolt computer OK but sometimes the glasses are too dark for it. I've gotten used to the sides being off, which is the main complaint about them in reviews. I had bifocal wrap glasses but the non corrective main part was getting fuzzier for me over the years.

As for driving, for the last NYSDMV vision test I memorized the chart before I took the test while sitting during the endless wait to be called. It helps to have that kind of memory sometimes. I am legal without glasses but I always wear them. It isn't as if I can't see without them, just not as sharp.

Last edited by zacster; 04-21-24 at 10:47 AM.