View Single Post
Old 04-21-24, 02:03 PM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked 513 Times in 285 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Can you provide a credible qualified source which actually supports the carnivore diet?

Eating meat in moderation as part of a mixed diet is quite a different proposition from living exclusively off meat!
Probably nothing you would consider credible. I'll state again I'm not promoting the carnivore diet. I'll say I'm intrigued by the information I have looked at about it. I think it's beneficial to look into these things objectively. My major concern of strict carnivore is that it would differ from any historically known human diet. Humans have relied heavily on animal protein and fats for food historically, but not exclusively as far as I know except for extreme examples of tribal peoples.

My personal diet consists primarily of animal proteins as free from contamination as I can get and fresh vegetables, fruits, nuts, berries, yogurt, cheese and occasional grains as free from contamination as I can get. Sometimes I wonder if I'm too concerned about contamination when I am on my bike at the light breathing the exhaust of some jerk in a supped up 4WD pouring black smoke out his tail pipe.