Thread: Glasses
View Single Post
Old 04-21-24, 06:19 PM
Aushiker

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker, Salsa Mukluk, Riese & Muller Supercharger GT Rohloff (Forthcoming)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
I’ve used Rudy Project glasses for most of 20 years. I’ve used direct in frame lenses and optical inserts. Either one works but I do prefer the direct in frame lenses but they are more expensive as you need multiple (expensive) prescription lenses if you want glasses for different applications. The optical inserts are cheaper because you only buy one prescription lens set and multiple (much cheaper) lenses for different applications. The problem (for me) with the insert is my lashes are really long and would brush up against the inner lens which smudged them constantly. I also had two sets of lenses I needed to keep clean. Right now I have two sets of riding glasses which are dark polarized and no tint for day and night riding, respectively.
I was looking at Rudy Project glasses last night but I am not that keen on the look of the optical inserts. I was not aware of the alternatives. Must check to see if they are available here.