View Single Post
Old 04-22-24, 05:53 AM
Henry III
is just a real cool dude

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts
I'll have to one up your walmart Schwinn sorry, lol...aluminum Point Beach with XTR wheelset(sun cr18 rims, Sapim db spokes, dt alloy nips, 11-42 cassette),Schwalbe Knobby Nick 26x2.4 tires, E13 crankset, 1x chainring, older sram x9/x0 shifter and derailleur, Brooks Pro saddle, XT v brakes avid brake levers, MX two piece bars. Only original parts is the frame, fork and headset but the fork and headset will be getting swapped out to a threadless setup and carbon fork. The frame also had a few things removed and bottle bosses and upper rack mounts added with rivnuts. Plus new decals are coming in a few days.

I love these Schwinn cruisers honestly. Especially the harder to find aluminum frame models which are three pound frames but ive also built up a couple of the steel models like the one above also. Now if they only used a 1-1/8" headtube it would of made things really easy on the build. The steel versions would make adding disc brakes a lot easier though. Though how it sits is low 20 pounds and not too far from my Dean titanium 26er build.

Originally started as this homely looking thing...
Likes For Henry III: