View Single Post
Old 04-22-24, 06:23 AM
seedsbelize2

Bikes: 79 Trek 930 is back on the road, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe,87 Schwinn Prelude, 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3323 Post(s)
Liked 1,933 Times in 1,216 Posts
Originally Posted by mschwett;[url=tel:23220544
23220544]i have been feeling a little better after some med changes (aka a lot more) and way less miles, so i went for a short ride on the non-e-bike this morning. did about the flattest 20 miles possible here (800 feet) with my hr below 95, power at 150w +/- 10w the whole time. it’s a different vibe for sure, no hammering, not even pushing it a little for a climb, or to pass someone, or to make a light… but still enjoyable. unfortunately it would get super repetitive, there’s just not much variety of “flat” routes here. i’m glad I haven’t sold the aethos yet, but it’s a tough call. it kind of mocks/haunts me with all the amazing memories when it’s not mothballed in the attic.

starting the transplant evaluation process next month, should be pretty interesting.

we’re also moving for the first time in 20+ years, what a mess that is. it’s good that we didn’t do it when I was highly focused on doing 150 miles a week. incompatible.
Kudos
I rode the exact same route for something like five years in a row, and would still be riding it if the heavy truck traffic hadn’t moved in. No speed bumps for a 20 km stretch.
Likes For seedsbelize2: