Old 04-22-24, 08:00 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4451 Post(s)
Liked 4,114 Times in 2,747 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadWearier
Wasn't me who "did it.". Long story short I bought it knowing that it wasn't shifting onto the large cog up front but shifted well enough back and forth to the middle and small cogs. I thought if I adjusted the limit screws and adjust the barrel adjuster I might be able to fix it. When I looked at the front cable it didn't look quite right to me although it worked somewhat. Thus my question. If I can't find the info I need on here or elsewhere I will probably just have the LBS look at it. I only paid $150 so if I have to pay another $75 it's not the end of the world. I still have the other bike.
Ok fair dinkum. Wasn't sure given the lack of the info needed to answer your question. It is not uncommon for people to go for it themselves and then ask for help in fixing it which is fine.

If you are interested in specifics for whatever derailleur you have, you might post which derailleur you have and not just "it's a Shimano Deore" be specific so someone could help you effectively. Like Trek FXs, Shimano makes changes and different models to the same level.