Old 04-23-24, 03:37 PM
RoadWearier

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 80 Posts
Result!!

Ok, I fixed it. Hard to know for sure if the cable goes on the left/forward side of the pinch bolt or right/aft side but it works. I basically had to manually push the derailleur ALLLL the way to the right (big ring), take vise grips and temporarily clamp the derailleur to chain guard and then loosen the pinch bolt and with full force pull the cable tight. H limit screw is unscrewed to max. Barrel adjuster knob seems useless. Are you supposed to be able to pull it back and forth? It kind of seems like it's on a spring and meant to have play. I dont want to fool with it now that I have everything working.

Just rode it 10 miles and switched gears as much as possible to confirm it's working.

Thanks for all the POSITIVE help! You guys make this board worth coming back to and donating to.

The DB who told me I wasn't "qualified" to fix my own bike can kiss my arse. He reminds me of the doctors who use jargon to confuse patients. Btw they are usually the least qualified. Wonder if that applies here? Maybe. Ride on!!