View Single Post
Old 04-24-24, 08:26 PM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1080 Post(s)
Liked 576 Times in 465 Posts
Originally Posted by Kontact
Nothing wrong with doing so, except that chain length instructions for Shimano come with the derailleur, but SRAM come with the chain. If you buy a SRAM chain for your Shimano derailleur bike, which instructions?

The nice thing about knowing how bikes work is that you can choose options that are better than what the instructions say. At the shops I worked at we set the chain long if it caused no issues because it was better for the customers.
Even worse, you buy a Shimano chain and a SRAM rear derailleur, sounds like you get nothing! My 50/34 hollow spindle 2-piece crank came with zero instructions. Fortunately, I was able to find online, general torque specs for the external bearings and left arm clamp bolts, and the preload end cap had the torque spec molded into it.

Bought new car distributor on amazon, came with zero instructions. Thank goodness there was a great private video on youtube on how and where to use a paper clip to short the timing advance and then how to time it. These things used to be more straightforward. Newer cars have no distributor.