View Single Post
Old 04-24-24, 09:19 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Liked 1,716 Times in 1,103 Posts
My local ride 1st Aid stuff is simple and small. Really the only thing I carry is for

Road Rash...

A touring 1st Aid Kit is going to be different then one just for local rides. I carry four small things as for me its just a matter of treating Road Rash and then getting home. These four things fold up small and stuff into my tool kit. I take Povodine Pads and mix them into a bottle of water then use that water to clean off my skin. I also carry a little sliver of soap for cleaning. The Povodine pads dry out in our Texas heat but they re-hydrate easily. I then apply some Zinc Oxide from little travel packets. I can also use those little travel packets for Sun Screen and as Butt Butter. I then wrap the rash with Compressed Gauze. If its a small area I cover it with Hypafix, or just leave it open till I get home. Statistics are not good for Road Rash. Road Rash should be treated like Burn and frequently gets some kinda of minor infection that slows down healing.