View Single Post
Old 04-26-24, 01:53 PM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2368 Post(s)
Liked 1,760 Times in 1,197 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
Probably based on you where you live. Although wintertime and snow storms / rainy days kinda suck for a riding a bike to work.
Rain was the only real challenge. Cold/snow were not.

(Main arterial commuter MUP before being plowed)

I've managed to live (on purpose) away from anything that is a big city or burb. Living out in the country AWAY from the rat race is much better.
That's my next phase. This is by no means a "big" city, but it's growing and thus taking on some big city characteristics. The bike-friendliness is about the only thing that continues to make it a good place to live.

Getting back (partway, anyway) on topic, can anyone explain how locality works on FBM? Craigslist is location-based at its core. So I think there's an underlying assumption that shipping / remote payment are off the menu, unless specified otherwise. I get the sense that FBM is the opposite; since your ad is on a global site, your item is presumed to be available for shipping and online payment, unless you specify local / cash. Is that accurate? If so, what's the best way to specify local / cash in FBM ads? Are there check-boxes / radio buttons for such specs? Are there ways to filter ads by such specs?
Likes For madpogue: