View Single Post
Old 04-26-24, 10:08 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2512 Post(s)
Liked 750 Times in 530 Posts
Originally Posted by Pearson100
Are there any companies that make a front light with a hook? My handlebar bag precludes mounting a light on the handlebar but the bag does have daisy-chain webbing in front. I could put a light there if the light had a hook similar to my Cygolite rear lights.
Thanks.
I took a look at the RR handlebar bags on the product website. It does appear that your bag is meant to be rotated more forward than on your bike and then the accessory loops would face more forward. Are you securing the back loop that holds the bag tight against the headtube of the bike? With that done there is no swaying of the bag, and IMO there would be more than enough stability for a 'be seen' light. That said, I don't have a ton of faith in clip mountings. In your situation I would use a helmet mount for a headlight. Actually, if I wasn't going to be riding in the dark, like you aren't, I would have no need for a 'be seen' light at all. When I wear this latest b'day present from the DW, I get brights flashed at me by the cagers, and shoppers in the supermarket ask me if I can turn it down. No batteries to replace, and no charging hassles whatsoever. Comes in summer weights as well. Highly recommended.