Old 04-27-24, 04:01 PM
georges1
Steel is real

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked 1,010 Times in 671 Posts
Originally Posted by 2muchroad
Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. I'm on the bigger side myself and a lot of people have cautioned me not to use rim brakes, especially with CF wheels. I adjusted the 105 brakes so that the pads are positioned very close to the wheel, requiring only a very slight pulling of the lever for them to grab on. I imagine the same would be possible with CF wheels. I've used a bunch of different disc brakes with MTBs before, and I have to say that in comparison I don't really notice all that much difference in stopping power while moving at regular speeds. However, when coming to a complete stop instantly, while traveling at higher speeds, that's when I clearly notice the superior braking power of disc brakes.

Anyway, I'm most likely pulling the trigger on those Zipps for 470€.
To be perfectly honest, the added value and performance will be nice, but personally I just love how freaking awesome they look.
There is just something about that when a rider passes you with those sick looking CF wheels, I love it.

They are very good wheels but are more suited for triathlons than long road races. A friend of mine has those on his Specialized Venge triathlon bike. I would go with Roval Rapide 60 , it uses DT alongwith Specialized hub technology and DT aero spokes , more comfy if you plan doing long distance racing than triathlon