Old 04-28-24, 04:32 PM
grant40

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 205 Posts
Is "smart cycling" considered being a pushover?

READ ALL OF THIS.

I live in America in a city that has more cycling infrastructure than what I heard from descriptions of other cities in the United States, but I noticed people get really politically upset and don't want to use any use any cycling specific parts of the city as some sort of political protest. Like they lane split in the middle of the road, even if there is a large and sometimes protected bike lane. Also see people just riding into traffic and then procede to scream at drivers or even break their mirrors on extreme cases. I have been made fun of for riding in the bike lane or taking a bike path for being a "pushover to the evil billionaires". These people get hit by cars all the time for doing erratic cycling but they still do the behaviors as some form of angry protest. I don't ride the safest to be honest, but I try to be aware of traffic and I tend to ride in the bike lanes and I have not had much issues with traffic besides dumb and overly agressive drivers. But this is apparently "rich boomer" behavior and that I am being a pushover to corrupt corporations. I am getting tired of this and I feel like are acting too political in the wrong ways and it pisses me off.