Old 04-29-24, 10:33 AM
Markeologist

Bikes: Since new: 86 Rodriguez Tandem, wife's 87 Gitane Team Pro, 92 Burley Rock-n-Roll, 85 Fisher Comp, 88 Puch Pro, two 92 Bridgestone X0-1s; later: 66/67 Gitane Champion du Monde, 70 Gitane Super Corsa, 70 Carre, 87 Gitane Team Pro, 77/78 Ritchey Tandem

Liked 389 Times in 170 Posts
Originally Posted by 1oldtrackie
Here's my old Raphael Geminiani. I had another one (1962) that I restored (paint etc) as well but sold.

Does the seat stay finish have a crimp down center, I can’t tell if I’m seeing a crimp or if its paint (I’m thinking crimped)? On the highest end bikes from both Geminiani and Gitane when they were both part of MICMO, the stay top is cut and a sinuous cap is brazed into cut tube (not Carre-style willow leaf, much narrower fits in rather than over stay tube). Models a tier down have a swagged finish where the seat stay tube has a wedge cut out, the remaining flap is crimped and folded over and the whole thing brazed shut. I’ve seen both stay finishes used with Nervex lugs, here are a couple examples, first the fitted stay cap followed by the swagged and crimped finish.

Last edited by Markeologist; 04-29-24 at 01:11 PM.