Thread: New Lectric One
View Single Post
Old 04-29-24, 01:09 PM
Smaug1
Commuter

Bikes: Main Bikes: 2023 Trek Domane AL3, 2022 Aventon Level.2 eBike, 1972 Schwinn Varsity, 2024 Priority Apollo 11

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked 460 Times in 258 Posts
I feel like Lectric is getting a bit model-dense, so that they're overlapping with their other models, rather than adding some models with no overlap and no competition.

Lectric ONE:
  • Since it doesn't fold and isn't their dedicated cargo bike, why 20" wheels? I'm thinking "parts bin engineering." 700c would've lessened the rolling resistance.
  • Good call on the Gates belt drive and Pinion gearbox; brings the "low maintenance" advertising point to the next level.
  • Good call on the battery style; it'll be SO much easier to get spares, when needed. Probably cheaper too? (unless they use a proprietary mount or something?)
  • Aside from that one low maintenance aspect, what does it do that the XP 3.0 doesn't do for $1k less? AND the XP 3.0 folds for easier storage and its rear rack holds 5X the weight! (150 lbs. vs. 30 lbs.!)
  • In the vein of low maintenance, I think they should've spec'd cast wheels instead of spoked.
XP 3.0:
  • A pretty versatile package and a killer value. It can do a bit of everything.
  • I'd like to see a "street tires" build option. Matter of fact, this should be an option for ALL of their eBikes. (my XP Lite is SO much nicer to ride on the street with BMX tires fitted)
Xpedition:
  • How about putting the belt drive & Pinion gearbox on THIS baby? (where weight is less of a concern)
  • Cast wheels too, please; it's a heavy-duty cargo bike.
With these things in mind, the ONE seems superfluous to me.