Old 04-30-24, 06:23 PM
pattrick

Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts
Not really.

Originally Posted by t2p
pattrick

have you tried any other tires on the Checkpoint ? those tires are great for avoiding punctures but not the best rolling tires …

I might be headed down toward Sewickley / Beaver County roads later this week / weekend - I will keep my eyes open for a Checkpoint
The original tires rolled poorly on pavement and cut easily , highspeed corners were sketchy at best so I replaced them immediately. In an area where coasting at forty five mph is rather easy down hills the ability to take the bends at the bottom at speed was a concern of mine and these just work. The tires seem to roll fairly well, some reviews had them being used at RAAM in smaller widths. I appreciate the lack of tread. Around here cinders and debris tend to stick in the treads till they work their way into the tire so I tend to go with smooth tires if possible. I also believe it helps ride smoother on my given rides. I feel they roll quite well given their size and pressure but even on the road bikes I tend to stick with Continental Four Seasons for a performance / durability compromise. I only have a few thousand miles on the bike so have not yet tried any others, they just ticked a lot of boxes for me when I l was looking for a decent rough road tire.
Likes For pattrick: