Old 05-01-24, 12:42 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1546 Post(s)
Liked 1,546 Times in 929 Posts
Originally Posted by Amitoj
Thanks for all your advice and inputs. Here is what I am thinking. First and foremost, leave 15 minutes earlier. Then, just before the bridge, there is a traffic light. If I am the first one at the light and it is red, as was the case when I shot the video, take the sidewalk as there will likely be several cars behind me. Thankfully I have to take a right turn at the end of the bridge and road widens quite a lot, so it should be relatively risk free. If I am the last one to clear the light, then I have some buffer between the cars behind me so I can take the full lane. If I am in the middle of the traffic then there is not too much gap between me and the car in front, so I can still take the full lane. And when I take the full lane, I should be more towards the left half of the lane.

On the way back, I am not in the bridge traffic for this long, so I can take the lane and also the traffic is usually crawling in the evenings.
Just caught up with the thread; how are your new strategies working out?